Scott Wilson is a senior national correspondent for The Washington Post, covering California and the West. He has previously served as The Post’s national editor, chief White House correspondent, deputy assistant managing editor for foreign news and as a correspondent in Latin America and in the Middle East. He was awarded an Overseas Press Club citation and an Inter American Press Association award for his work abroad. For his coverage of the Obama administration, he received the 2011 Gerald R. Ford Prize for Distinguished Reporting on the Presidency and the 2012 Aldo Beckman Award given by the White House Correspondents’ Association. He joined The Post in 1997.
Honors & Awards:
• Gerald R. Ford Prize for Distinguished Reporting on the Presidency, 2011
• Aldo Beckman Award for reporting on the presidency, WHCA, 2012
• Overseas Press Club Citation for Excellence, 2001
• Inter American Press Association Award for Best Reporting, 2002
• David Marcus Eibel Scholarship Award, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, 1992