May 28, 2022
In This Episode:
The #SistersInLaw convene to lament the tragedy in Uvalde, and look at the ways legislation can be used to improve gun safety to help protect us all. Then, they revisit the 2 year anniversary of George Floyd’s death, and discuss the value of police body cams and other ways we can reform law enforcement. From there, they lay out the need for grand jury hearings relating to the events of 1/6 and the many other legal risks facing Donald Trump.
Read the transcript.
Get #SistersInLaw Merch
For our just released ethically sourced clothes, pins and more, support the #SistersInLaw by picking up our new merch items at the Politicon Merch Store.
Email the sisters at SISTERSINLAW@POLITICON.COM. Or tweet using #SistersInLaw
Content From The #Sisters
- Recommended by Kimberly Atkins Stohr on the case for prosecuting Donald Trump in the Boston Globe.
- Articles from iGen Politics Victor Shi on getting Gen Z to the voting booth and young peoples’ role in the 2022 elections
- WaPo article on Vanita Gupta’s efforts to reform policing
- The Watergate Special Prosecution Force Memo
- From Heather Cox Richardson on the Ulvade tragedy
- The Supreme Court Case New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen
Links To This Week’s Sponsors
Hello Fresh: For up to 16 free meals and 3 free gifts, go to hellofresh.com and use the promo code: SISTERS16
Thrive Causemetics: For 15% off your first order, go to thrivecausemetics.com with promo code: QE2FY5D28CB2
Moink: For farm fresh meats and 1 year of free filet mignon, go to moinkbox.com
Blueland: For 20% off your first order, go to blueland.com
Save $100 when take your business to the next level with smith.ai and use the promo code: SISTERS
Get More From The #Sisters In Law
Joyce Vance: Twitter | University of Alabama Law | MSNBC
Jill Wine-Banks: Twitter | Facebook | Website | Author of The Watergate Girl: My Fight For Truth & Justice Against A Criminal President
Kimberly Atkins Stohr: Twitter | Boston Globe | WBUR
Barb McQuade: Twitter | University of Michigan Law | Just Security | MSNBC